- This event has passed.
November 28 @ 8:00 am - November 29 @ 5:00 pm
Join us for the 2023 award-winning Veterans in Economic Transition Conference (VETCON). This conference is the first of its kind in the Capital Region to help Veterans as they make transitions into their future professional careers. It is an unprecedented collection of public and private businesses, non-profit and for-profit organizations, and government agencies gathering together for a worthy initiative.
The Conference will:
- Provide support, advice and direction to startups and existing businesses owned by Veterans.
- Host seminars and presentations on topics including issues that confront new businesses and how to do business through technology and marketing.
- Make available businesses and organizations that help Veterans obtain employment and to encourage industries to consider Veterans. The New York State Office of General Services will have representatives from state programs and agencies that will help guide veterans toward useful programs that already exist. Representatives from OGS will help instruct and educate Veteran business owners as to the process and requirements in becoming certified as a New York State Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business (SDVOB) in order to increase participation in New York State’s contracting opportunities.
- Present monetary awards, grants and prizes to veteran-owned businesses.
- Provide access to businesses and organizations that are not necessarily focused towards Veterans, but offer services to them to succeed and thrive after service.
- Have speakers serve as mentors during seminar sessions, and networking opportunities with the inclusion of notable Veteran business owners, investors and financial institutions. There will be specific rooms made available to connect NYS agencies and public authorities with SDVOBs, and offer networking between attendees.
- Veteran Owned Business Owners, don’t forget to bring your Capabilities Statement to facilitate being added / listed to the NYVOBA.org website.